WA CARES BENEFITS
HOW WA CARES BENEFITS WASHINGTON WORKERS
The WA Cares Fund is an affordable long-term care insurance program for all working Washingtonians.
It Offers Choice
WA Cares empowers us to control how and where we receive long-term care.
It Provides Peace of Mind
We no longer have to worry about how we will afford long-term care as we age.
THE WA CARES BENEFIT
Beginning January 2025, each person who is eligible to receive the benefit can access services and supports costing up to $36,500.
The nominal value of this benefit will change over time.
Services and Supports
The benefit will be available to be used for a range of services and supports, such as:
- Professional personal care in your home, an assisted living facility, an adult family home or a nursing home
- Adaptive equipment and technology like hearing devices and medication reminder devices
- Home safety evaluations
- Training and support for paid and unpaid family members who provide care
- Home-delivered meals
- Care transition coordination
- Memory care
- Environmental modifications like wheelchair ramps
- Personal emergency response system
- Respite for family caregivers
- Dementia supports
- Education and consultation